Market at Dothan features seasonal recipes, so that you can buy your local ingredients from our farmers. Cooking and Eating locally, year round has never been easier or tasted so good! Bon Appetit Y’all!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Patty's "Fake" Potato Salad
Source: Me (Entered by Patricia Donovan)
I eat a very low carb diet and I’ve tweaked a substitute potato salad that uses cauliflower to make it my own.
Serves: 8 to 10
2 small heads Cauliflower
1 medium Onion
1/2 TBS dried Dill
4 Stalks Celery
4 Eggs, hard boiled
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
1.5 TBS Mustard (Dijon or spicy brown)
3/4 tsp Sea Salt
1 TBS Braggs Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup Green onion (greens only)
1/2 tsp Black pepper
Step by Step Instructions
- Cut cauliflower into small florets (about 1/2")
- Steam Cauliflower until just fork tender, then cool
- Dice onions, celery and eggs. Dice greens from green onions very finely.
- Add onion, green onion, celery, eggs, dill, salt and pepper to cauliflower and mix well.
- Stir in mustard and mayonnaise, and vinegar. Add more mayo if needed. Add more salt and pepper to taste if needed. Sprinkle with paprika to finish.
Comments added by fellow market members.
Oh Patricia I need to try this recipe looks yummy!