Market at Dothan features seasonal recipes, so that you can buy your local ingredients from our farmers. Cooking and Eating locally, year round has never been easier or tasted so good! Bon Appetit Y’all!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Source: Patty Donovan (Entered by Patricia Donovan)
Goat roast done in electric pressure cooker
1 2-3 lb Goat Roast
2 cups organic coffee
1 TBS Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp Liquid Smoke
1 TBS Coconut oil (or oil of choice)
8 Cloves Garlic, diced or put through press
2 med Yellow Onions
2 tsp Himalayan Sea Salt
2 TBS Tomato paste
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1/2 tsp Konjac (glucomannan) Flour (to thicken)
Step by Step Instructions
- Sear roast on all sides using coconut oil (easiest if your pressure cooker has a browning function).
- Slice onions and put in pot with roast
- Mix all the other ingredients EXCEPT KONJAC together and pour over roast
- Pressure cook on high for 45 minutes. Let steam release naturally for 20-25 minutes. Remove roast and let sit 8 to 10 minutes before slicing.
- Remove onions and set aside. Slowly sprinkle the Konjac flour into the broth while whisking briskly. It's easiest if you have an immersion blender you can put right in the pot. Taste and add additional salt/pepper if necessary.
Comments added by fellow market members.