Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Pico De Gallo
Source: The Pioneer Woman Cooks (Entered by Amanda Mueller)
Fresh seasonal tomatoes, jalapeño peppers, onions, cilantro make this starter perfect on a hot day as a summer snack or entire meal with tortilla chips. Also, can be used in a number of dishes: tacos, quesadillas , eggs, chicken or beans.
Equal amounts of tomatoes, jalapeños, onions and cilantro is the secret to what makes pico de gallo work.
Step by Step Instructions
- Dice onions fine
- Dice equal amount of tomatoes
- Chop equal amount of Cilantro
- Slice 1 or 2 jalapeños in half. With a spoon scoop out seeds. For spiciness, leave in some of the white membrane.
- Dice up jalapeños very fine.
- Combine all four ingredients (equal amounts) in a bowl.
- Slice a lime in half and squeeze juice from half a lime into the bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt and stir together until combined. Taste pico de gallo to adjust seasonings, adding salt or jalapeños if needed.
- It's best to make pico de gallo the same day you want to serve it.
Comments added by fellow market members.