As an essential business we have continued to successfully serve our customers during quarantine. Our unique business model still makes it possible to safely order and obtain fresh, local, sustainable and year round foods from local farmers who are committed to sustainable, chemical free agriculture. If you are new to Market at Dothan we ask that you read our Question & Answer page before placing an order. If you have other questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As the state and country ease into reopening we continue to practice safe distancing and at the same time be flexible enough to respect customer safety and meet individual customer needs in regard to payment and pickup procedures. Our most recent Covid updates may be found under Payment and Pickup Specifics on the Question & Answer page.
We are proud to be a small group of niche growers and producers vigorously doing our part to support LOCAL economy and promoting SUSTAINABLE agriculture in the Wiregrass. Eating local organically grown food is possible YEAR ROUND and we work hard to make it happen for our customers. Each grower/producer is vetted, certified and dedicated to providing the freshest, highest quality products to our customers by utilizing natural growing methods that work in harmony with nature. This means no gmo’s, or man made chemicals or unnatural processes like gassing produce. Seasonal FRESH products include: fruits, vegetables, herbs, eggs, beef, pork, chicken, lamb, goat, honey, baked goods, mixes, nuts and more.
The Alabama Department of Agriculture has labeled us as a “modified CSA”. This is because we make it possible for you to order WHAT you want, in the AMOUNT you want from the PRODUCER you want, and as often as you want, all from the convenience of your home or mobile device. Available products are listed each week on the Market Page. Our farmers tell about themselves on the Growers Page. If you are new, get to know us a little better by checking past Weblogs. Stay in touch with us through Facebook.
ORDERS FROM US MUST BE PLACED ONLINE from the Market Page. Learn how we operate from the Question & Answer Page. New customers must create an account and sign in to order. Every week registered customers will receive an email notifying them that the Market is open for orders.
Dothan Order Pick Up – FRIDAYS, 10am – 12pm at Dothan Nurseries, 1300 Montgomery Hwy, Dothan AL 36303.
Daleville Order Pick Up – FRIDAYS, 11:00am – 11:30am, Jennifer Lynn St. next to Daleville Post Office
Enterprise Order Pick Up – FRIDAYS, 12:00pm – 12:30pm at Grocery Advantage upper parking lot near trees, 1032 Boll Weevil Circle, Enterprise
We encourage you to pick up 30 minutes before closing and reserve the right to contact you at the phone number provided if not. WITH PRIOR APPROVAL, Dothan customers may pick up NON- Perishable orders inside Dothan Nurseries until 5 pm day of delivery only. Perishable and Frozen orders will NOT be left at Market after 12pm for your health and safety as we are unable to keep Non-Perishable orders after delivery day. Your order will be donated and you are still responsible for payment. Thank you for prompt pick up of your orders.
FRESH: Your order is picked no more than 48 hours prior to delivery.
LOCAL: Our growers are Wiregrass residents within 50 miles of Dothan. We do not sell anything that is trucked in from outside the Wiregrass area.
SUSTAINABLE: Market at Dothan DOES NOT ALLOW GMO’s, CHEMICAL FERTILIZERS, PESTICIDES OR HERBICIDES. Our vendors are carefully vetted on both their growing philosophy and practices. While most of our growers are too small to invest in organic certification, they DO use organic/sustainable methods to grow your food. You may learn more about each farm on our Grower page.
YEAR ROUND: We are so blessed in the Wiregrass to be able to grow year round and because of this we can offer FRESH fruits and vegetables year round. This means that sometimes the weather affects what is and is not available.
Market At Dothan is not affiliated with the Alabama Farmer’s Market Authority but does abide by all Rules for Certification for State Farmer’s Markets as outlined by the Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries. This includes USDA standards for all meats and Health Department requirements for kitchen goods. We are listed as a CSA on the Alabama Farmers Market Authority website. Our standards are high and our goal is 100% Customer Satisfaction. Comments, questions or concerns are always welcome!
We would love to hear from you! If you have a favorite recipe, want to write a product review, have an idea or request for an article or information, let us know! You can reply to this newsletter or write email@example.com.
Order Saturday 5pm to Tuesday 5pm weekly for Pickup the following Friday
Dothan Pickup: 10am – 12pm, Dothan Nurseries, 1300 Montgomery Highway, Dothan, AL 36303
Daleville Pickup: 11am – 11:30am, Jennifer Lynn St. next to Daleville Post Office
Enterprise Pickup: 12pm – 12:30pm, Grocery Advantage upper parking lot near trees, 1032 Boll Weevil Circle, Enterprise
Our Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our Online Discussions! www.facebook.com/groups/MarketatDothanDiscussion
Be sure to use our hashtag! #marketatdothan
Our COVID protocol is still in place for everyone who wants curbside service.
I. Order Payment:
1. Voluntarily prepay by 6 pm Thursday if possible using this PAYPAL link. This eliminates passing paper currency back and forth or handling debit/credit cards on site. Your invoice will be marked PAID and pickup is fast and easy. In the event of undelivered items you will be issued a Market credit that will apply to your next order.
2. Debit/Credit – One of us will briefly step within 6 feet for you to put your card in the chip reader. We do our best to avoid touching your card or you touching the equipment which means we sign an “x” for your signature.
3. Cash and Checks – You may hand them to us. Exact change is preferred if using cash to prevent a lot of passing back and forth. If you choose curbside pickup you are welcome to put payment in your trunk/tailgate as that would eliminate the need to come near your window.
II. Order Delivery:
1. Curb Service: Please pull up next to the Market Shed. We will direct traffic a little bit if needed. Have your trunk/ hatchback open and we’ll load you up!
2. Walk Up Pickup: Please do not come inside. When we see you coming we’ll put your order near the entrance and step back for you to claim it. This system works really well for those of you wishing to get extra veggies that may be available.
3. Regardless of how you choose to accept your Market order please know that we make every effort to practice safe distancing and ask that you do the same.